hubcapcollector.com

The only site for threaded hubcap collectors!


Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Category Albums Files
User galleriesThis category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users.
18 2,997
2,997 files in 20 albums and 1 categories with 164 comments viewed 225,517 times

Random files
DeSoto_PA_2_A.jpg
DeSoto_PA_2_A.jpgDe Soto91 views• Description; Pressed aluminum threaded hub cap for a DeSoto automobile from the 1929-1930 era.
• Size; The cap has an outside diameter of 3 1/8” and is 1 7/8” high with 2 3/8”- 16 threads
hubcapco
REO_PA_4_A.jpg
REO_PA_4_A.jpgREO84 viewsInside diameter lip where threads start measures 2 3/4".hubcapco
Erskine_CPPA_1_B.jpg
Erskine_CPPA_1_B.jpgErskine CPPA 1 B75 viewsSide view of Erskinefrank
Vulcan_CB_1_A.jpg
Vulcan_CB_1_A.jpgVulcan74 views• Description; Cast brass threaded hub cap with a brass insert for an early Vulcan automobile or truck built in Great Britain. Automobiles were produced between the years of 1902 and 1928 and trucks from 1914 to 1953. An American version of the British truck was also produced in the United States from 1913 to 1916. I believe this to be an early truck hub cap based on the fact that it is a large heavy cap and appears to have never been plated.
• Size; The cap has an outside diameter of 4 19/32” and is 2 ¾” high with 3 7/8”- 16 threads. The cap weighs two pounds.
frank
Peerless_1927_Model_6-72.jpg
Peerless_1927_Model_6-72.jpgPeerless 192766 viewsThis 1927 Peerless is owned by Peerless Motor Car Club Member Philippe Mordant, of Belgium. It has just come out of the restoration shop and is a Model 6-72. Brakes are four-wheel Lockheed hydraulic. The engines in 6-72's have an aluminum crankcase, an aluminum transmission housing, and a displacement of 288.6 cubic inches. Power output is 70 horsepower @ 2,500 r.p.m. - as much as the Peerless V-8's for that year.
frank
Empire_25.jpg
Empire_25.jpgEmpire 1917 Model 70 25 HP77 viewsThe Empire was the first car to try out the new Indianapolis Speedway Track in 1909, the first one off the line. In 1911, Harry Stutz was hired as a consultant engineer for Empire, changing it's specifications from chain to shaft drive. Stutz designed a unique transaxle for the Empire that set it apart form other cars of the era. Empire was later sold to a group of Indianapolis businessmen, but it never really survived after WW1. The building they were built in still stands to this day on the near west side of Indianapolis. Very few Empires exist today, as they were produced in limited numbers in the first place.

The healthy 6 cyl., 25 HP, Continental engine'. This particular model has unique coach work with a sweeping arch over the top of the front seats, center aisle pass-thru with integral jump seats that fit snugly in the back of the front seats.



frank
Stoewer.jpg
Stoewer.jpgStoewer69 viewsThe first company was founded by the Stoewer brothers, Emil (lived 1873 - 1942) and Bernhard (1875 - 1937) in 1896 for manufacturing sewing machines in Stettin. In 1899, the Stoewer brothers founded the firm Gebrüder Stoewer, Fabrik für Motorfahrzeugen and started to produce automobiles. Their first automobile was the Grosser Motorwagen (Large Motor Car), with 6.5 hp (4.8 kW) and 17 km/h (11 mph) maximum speed.In 1908 Stoewers constructed Stoewer G4. This model was immensely successful - 1070 cars were built. In 1910, Stoewer cars were built under licence by Mathis of Strassburg. In 1916, the family-owned company was transformed into a limited company under the name of Stoewer-Werke AG, vormals Gebrüder Stoewer.

In the mid-20's a new class of cars was introduced: the D-Types included D3, D9 and D10 with four-cylinder engines, as well as D5, D6 and D12 with six cylinders. Something special was in 1921 class D7 with a proprietary six cylinder aero engine with 120 hp (89 kW). It was the strongest car in those days.
In 1928 the company started to build S8 and G14 models with eight cylinder engines. At the beginning of the 1930s Stoewers delivered their highlights: G15 Gigant, M12 Marschall and P20 Repräsentant, each with eight cylinder engines, with 60 to 120 hp (45 to 90 kW) and 130 km/h (81 mph) maximum speed. The production of these cars had to be cancelled after 2,500 vehicles being produced due to worldwide economic troubles. In 1931 Stoewer constructed one of the first cars with front-wheel drive at all, class V5 25 hp (19 kW), 80 km/h (50 mph) maximum speed. The model named Greif Junior was built under the licence of Tatra. Its afterdecessor V8 Greif was the last car being constructed by Mr Stoewer itself, class Arkona and Sedina were the last civilian cars produced by the company.

With the beginning of World War II, Stoewer factory started to produce cars for the Wehrmacht as LEPKW class (Leichter Einheits-Personenkraftwagen, or Small Unit-Personel Carrier). After World War II, the Red Army seized the remaining production facilities, dismantled them and sent to the Soviet Union. The days of car manufacturing in this famous factory were over.




frank
Star_NPPB_UK_1_C.jpg
Star_NPPB_UK_1_C.jpgStar64 viewsfrank
Lancia_NPCB_2_C.jpg
Lancia_NPCB_2_C.jpgLancia46 viewshubcapco
Vinot_NPCB_3_A.jpg
Vinot_NPCB_3_A.jpgVinot & Deguigand116 viewsDescription: Nickle plated brass cap for a Vinot & Deguigand

Dimensions: 70mm wide, 30mm high, 65mm external threads, 55mm across the octaganol
hubcapper

Last additions
Hansa-cb-1-A.jpg
Hansa-cb-1-A.jpgHansa Germany 1908-193985 viewsHansa Hub cap . The cap has an OD of 70mm and is 27.5mm high with 64mm threads. It is 55mm across the flats. It is nickel plated cast brass with a brass insert.
frankApr 01, 2016
Le_Gui_1A.jpg
Le_Gui_1A.jpgLe Gui 130 viewsThe car was built between the years of 1904 and 1916, in Italy as the Guy and in France as the Le Gui. It was also known in England as the Millard-Le Gui after one of the importers who handled it.
The cap is cast brass with a copper insert and has an OD of 2.680” X 1 1/8” high. It is 2 ¼” across the flats and the OD of the threads is 2.160”
frankMar 08, 2015
Peerless_CB_1_A.jpg
Peerless_CB_1_A.jpgPeerless_CB_1_A170 viewsDescription: Cast Brass with an aluminum insert

Dimensions: 4 1/8” OD X 2 1/8” High with 3 3/8” – 16 Threads per inch. 2 ½” across flats and weighs 1 lb. 11 ounces
hubcapperApr 18, 2014
Babcock_CB_2.jpg
Babcock_CB_2.jpgBabcock149 viewsH.H. Babcock Co, Watertown, N.Y (1909-1913) . The Babcock line included a motor buggy with a 2 cyl engine as well asa conventional car with a 35/40 hp 4cyl engine.DKuhnFeb 23, 2014
image~7.jpg
image~7.jpg1919 Detroit Electric164 views1919-1920's Detroit Electric. Pressed brass nickel plated with nickel plated brass emblem.
Overall diameter: 3 1/4"
Thread diameter: 2 1/2"
Height: 1 3/4"
jakelJan 10, 2014
image~6.jpg
image~6.jpgDetroit Electric (side)138 viewsjakelJan 10, 2014
image~5.jpg
image~5.jpgDetroit Electric (Back)122 viewsjakelJan 10, 2014
image~4.jpg
image~4.jpgWillys 6129 views1920's Willys 6. Pressed aluminum.
Overall diameter: 3"
Thread diameter: 3"
Height: 1 1/2"
jakelJan 10, 2014
image~3.jpg
image~3.jpgWillys 6 (Side)120 viewsjakelJan 10, 2014
image~2.jpg
image~2.jpgWillys 6 (Back)126 viewsjakelJan 10, 2014