The only site for threaded hubcap collectors!

Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > User galleries > frank > Threaded Hubcap Photos and Information
Click to view full size image

Jeffery 1917

Jeffery 671 Six 1917 Seven Seater

Jaguar_CPPB_1_C.jpg James___Brown_.jpg Jeffery_671_Six_1917.jpg Jeffery_NPPB_1_A.jpg Jeffery_NPPB_1_B.jpg
Rate this file (Current rating : 5 / 5 with 1 votes)
File information
Album name:frank / Threaded Hubcap Photos and Information
Rating (1 votes):55555(Show details)
Filesize:26 KiB
Date added:Aug 19, 2007
Dimensions:600 x 450 pixels
Displayed:181 times
Favorites:Add to Favorites

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1

Frank   [Aug 19, 2007 at 04:03 PM]
Thomas B. Jeffery was one of America's first men interested in automobiles, and in 1897, he built the first Rambler motor car. Jeffery was serious about motor cars so he sold his stake in G&J and founded the Thomas B. Jeffery Company. He used the G&J money to buy the old Sterling Bicycle Co. factory in Kenosha, Wisconsin, where he set up shop to manufacture automobiles on a large scale. From 1902 until 1908, Jeffery moved steadily to bigger, more reliable models. His cars were built on assembly lines (the second manufacturer to adopt them -- Ransom Olds was first), and in 1903 he sold 1,350 Ramblers. By 1905, Jeffery more than doubled this number. One reason may have been because he went to the steering wheel before 1904. In 1907, he was building a large variety of different body styles and sizes. Among them was a five-passenger, $2,500 Rambler weighing 2,600 pounds and powered by a 40-hp engine.

Thomas B. Jeffery died in 1910 while on holiday in Pompeii, in Italy, and after his death, Charles T. Jeffery, changed the automotive branding from Rambler to Jeffery to honor Thomas B.
In 1914, Charles T. Jeffery, Thomas B. Jeffery's son, replaced the Rambler brand name with Jeffery in honor of his now deceased father.
In 1916, the Thomas B. Jeffery Company was purchased by Charles W. Nash and became Nash Motors Company in 1917. The Jeffery brand name was dropped at the time of the sale and the manufacture of Nash branded automobiles commenced

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1