hubcapcollector.com

The only site for threaded hubcap collectors!


Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > User galleries > frank > Threaded Hubcap Photos and Information

Reo 1916

Renault_PB_1_A.jpg Renault_PB_1_B.jpg reo_.jpg Reo_CA_1_A.jpg Reo_CA_1_B.jpg
Rate this file (No vote yet)
File information
Filename:reo_.jpg
Album name:frank / Threaded Hubcap Photos and Information
Keywords:ortob
Filesize:20 KiB
Date added:Aug 18, 2007
Dimensions:400 x 305 pixels
Displayed:115 times
URL:http://hubcapcollector.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1336
Favorites:Add to Favorites

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1

Frank   [Aug 18, 2007 at 12:38 PM]
The REO Motor Car Company was a Lansing, Michigan based company that produced automobiles and trucks from 1905 to 1975. At one point the company also manufactured buses on its truck platforms. REO was founded by Ransom E. Olds in August 1904 (the name of the founder also lived on in the Oldsmobile). Olds held 52 percent of the stock and the titles of president and general manager. To ensure a reliable supply of parts, he organized a number of subsidiary firms like the National Oil Company, the Michigan Screw Company, and the Atlas Drop Forge Company.
The company's name was alternately spelled in all capitals as REO or with only an initial capital as Reo, and the company's own literature was inconsistent in this regard, with early advertising using all capitals and later advertising using the "Reo" capitalization

REO manufactured automobiles from 1905 to 1936, including the famous REO Speed Wagon, an ancestor of the pickup truck, from which the 1970s rock and roll group REO Speedwagon took its name.

By 1907 REO had gross sales of $4 million and the company was one of the top four automobile manufacturers in the U.S. After 1908 however, despite the introduction of improved cars designed by Olds, REO's share of the automobile market shrank due in part to competition from giants like Ford and General Motors.
In 1910 REO added a truck manufacturing division and a Canadian automobile plant in St. Catharines, Ontario. In 1915, Olds relinquished the title of general manager to his protégé Richard H. Scott and eight years later he gave up the company's presidency as well, retaining only the honorary position of chairman of the board.
From 1915 to 1925, under Scott's direction REO remained profitable.

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1